Korean Court Recognition and Enforcement of American, European & other Court Judgments in Korean Courts

Question:  I have a final judgment against a Korean company from a New York State Court. How can I enforce this judgment in Korea against this Korean company? Korean Central District Court. Answer: A foreign judgment, in Korea, can be executed based on meeting the requirements of the Civil Execution Act of Korea and the Civil Procedure Act of Korea. The relevant provisions are Article 26 and Article 27 of the Korean Civil Execution Act and Article 217 of the

Continue reading