Filing your U.S. Taxes as an Expat in Korea: Foreign Earned Income Tax Exclusion

Often, American expats and American Permanent Residents are unaware of the fact that they, as U.S. citizens or resident aliens living abroad, are required to file U.S. tax returns even if they do not owe money to the U.S. government or earn income in the U.S. If you are behind on filing your U.S. taxes, you can file your prior year’s tax returns retroactively.  If you are caught by the IRS, prior to filing your taxes, you may be subject

Continue reading