Obtaining Child Support in Korea from a Deadbeat Father (or Mother)

The, typical, situation occurs when a child is born out-of-wedlock and the father abandons the child.  Child Support in Korea may be obtained from these deadbeat fathers.  This situation is alarmingly common. The, typical, situation involves Philippine, Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Thai, and Southeast Asian country woman having children with Korean Nationals.  The Korean fathers are, typically, students or businessmen doing business in these countries.  The KOPINO issue has been publicized in the Korean media, however, few cases have been filed in Korea courts, seemingly, because of lack of knowldge of options available to these mothers.   Yes, mothers of children of these deadbeat fathers have options.  The option is to sue for child support in a Korean court.  The process is not so difficult and mothers may receive back child support from the father.  Prior to suing, the mother should obtain all contact details, identification cards and other information of

Continue reading